Help us find HWA in Michigan!

There are many ways you can report HWA (and other forest pests)!

Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, or phone the MDARD Customer Service Center: 800-292-3939.

Use the Midwest Invasive Species Information Network (MISIN) online reporting tool. Please note you must create an account to make a report to MISIN, so the data can be verified! You can also download the MISIN smartphone app and report from your phone.

MISIN reporting instructions:

  1. Visit
  2. Create an account or login
  3. Click “Report”
  4. Find “Hemlock Woolly Adelgid” through the “All Species” or “Insects”
  5. Having trouble? Email